Skip to main content

Goals

I've been bad, friends.  I've let excuses keep me from writing. Some were legitimate at the time I made them (I have to study for a test), but then they gave me an opening for more excuses (I've been working really hard for class, so now that it's over I can take a break and go on an anime binge). The point is, I haven't been writing. 

So I'm done with excuses.  I'm making goals and reporting to you guys to keep myself accountable.  Here's what I have on my plate in the writing department:

1) I have critiquing that I've already committed to complete.  This spring I've done way more critiquing than writing, and it's been one of my excuses.  I'm going to cut down on the amount of critiques I'll be doing in the future.  If you're a writing friend I know in real life, (or that I took an online class with)  I'll still be happy to critique manuscripts. However,  I'm cutting down on my Scribophile critiques.

2) I need to finish edits on Om Nom Nombies.  I have some good big picture edits that I know I need to do, but they're all in my head. It's a matter of sitting down and making the changes.

3) I need to finish writing The Neif.  I've only added about 1,000 words since the end of NaNo!

4) I need to do some serious research for this year's project.  I'm not ready to unveil what it is just yet, but it's going to take more than a couple Google searches to do this justice.

Yes, goals have to have deadlines.  I'm saving that for next time.  We are moving into our first house next week, and that's the last of my excuses I'm letting stand in my way :) So, no post next week, but in two weeks I'll have an official plan.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Ways Wonder Woman Was Actually An Anime

Clickbait title?  Riding the coattails of a hugely successful franchise? Yeah. So, Wonder Woman has been insanely successful.  It had some cool stuff going on but was not my favorite movie.  I had several problems with it, mostly happening after Diana leaves Themyscira.  But I'm going to put most of them aside to talk about why Wonder Woman was actually an anime, despite being live action, full of white people, and made by 'Merica. Anime style poster used to promote the Wonder Woman movie in Chinese Flickering Myth YEAH. I'm working on the assumption that you've seen anime before in a quantity sufficient to familiarize yourself with its tropes, so I'm not going to go into detail about why these are tropes and how long they've been around.  Also going to assume you've seen Wonder Woman and not going to worry about whether I'm spoiling anything for you. Blessed From Birth From birth Diana is special.  She's the only child on her island

Non-Traditional Plot Structure

Happy Friday friends!  This post is about plot:  what we traditionally think of as plot, and what other options exist in the world. For starters, let's define the difference between plot and narrative structure.  Plot is (loosely) the events that happen in the story.  Narrative structure is the order readers experience the story events.  Ingrid Sundberg does a good job of differentiating the two here .  (May as well open that up in a new tab and leave it open, I'm going to be referencing her blog a lot today.   She's pretty much already done what I wanted to do with this post. ) If your public education was like mine, you were probably introduced to a figure similar to this somewhere in your English classes: Fritz Freiheit This is the standard plot that we can fit most stories into.  This describes a plot centered around conflict that follows a traditional three-act structure.  It's very popular.   In the Middle reviews a book that discusses using this structu

February Post

Give me a break, I hate coming up with titles. And the FCC spoke and said, 'Verily, I say unto thee, Verizon and their ilk shall not throttle the bandwidth of those they despise, nor shall they profit from the favoring of entities with greater bandwidth therein.' And there was great rejoicing.  And by great rejoicing, I mean that the internet blew up arguing about what color a dress was.  You go, America, exercise that freedom. Girls and boys, it's the last Friday in February and I haven't posted anything this month, so here goes. I'm so glad I didn't try to keep posting weekly, because school owns my life nowadays.  I approve of the once-a-month plan so far.  We'll see if I can do more posts during my summer break (i.e. the month of May). As you might have guessed, I have not done any editing on Om Nom Nombies.   I haven't written anything more on the first drafts of The Neif  or Spitfire.   I haven't even made any progress beta-ing a manusc