- My beginning is a little slow. There's a chapter and a half that I could cut without hurting the story.
- There's a part in the middle where I kind of went, "how do I get them from this mental point to to that one?" when I was writing it, so I just decided to pretend that I had and kept writing. I think I can fix that by keeping one character comatose for a little longer, raising the tension and anchoring all parties involved to that spot.
- There are a few scenes at the beginning end where I just summarized the action in parentheses to get on to more exciting parts. That obviously needs to be fleshed out.
- I was over-eager to make my roommates funny and instead I made them silly at times. That pushes them toward the incompetent side, particularly when this occurs at the beginning of the story. I can rewrite that.
- One alpha reader pointed out the surprising lack of bodies in my story. (facepalm) Yeah, I need to fix that.
- There are a number of media quotes and also references to things about Texas A&M and this area (since this is set in College Station) that I need to decide whether or not to keep. Some of them, sure, but others are more just inside jokes I'm telling myself that others might not get. Everything will stay in for this revision, but it's something I'm definitely keeping in mind for the final version.